The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a unique 11-digit number introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a biometric identification system for individuals using banking services in Nigeria. The BVN enhances security and streamlines banking transactions by linking all of a person’s bank accounts under a single identification number. In this detailed article, we will provide you with an in-depth guide on how to check your BVN using Access Bank services, ensuring that you can effortlessly and securely access this vital information.
What’s The Importance of BVN in Nigeria’s Banking System
The implementation of the BVN by the CBN has significantly impacted Nigeria’s banking system. This biometric identification system addresses several challenges, including:
- Identity theft prevention: BVN ensures that each individual’s identity is secure and unique, making it extremely difficult for fraudsters to steal or impersonate someone’s identity for illicit activities.
- Banking fraud reduction: By linking all of an individual’s bank accounts to a single BVN, the system prevents fraudsters from opening multiple accounts with different banks under a single identity.
- Enhanced security: The BVN requires biometric information, adding an extra layer of security and making it difficult for unauthorized persons to access bank accounts.
- Improved banking experience: The BVN system streamlines banking processes, making it easier for customers to access banking services and for banks to offer efficient and personalized services.
How to Check Your BVN with Access Bank
Checking your BVN using Access Bank services is a straightforward process. You can either use the USSD code method or take advantage of Access Bank’s mobile banking app.
How To Check Bvn On Access Bank using USSD Code Method
Step 1: Ensure your phone is connected to the mobile network linked to your Access Bank account.
Step 2: Open the phone dialer on your mobile device.
Step 3: Dial *5650# and press the call button.
Step 4: After a few seconds, you will receive a message displaying your 11-digit BVN.
Note: Using this method will incur a service charge of N20, which will be deducted from your mobile network account balance.
How To Check Bvn On Access Bank Mobile Banking App
Step 1: Download and install the Access Bank Mobile Banking App from Google Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
Step 2: Launch the app and log in using your Access Bank online banking credentials.
Step 3: Once logged in, navigate to the “Accounts” or “My Profile” section.
Step 4: Your 11-digit BVN will be displayed under your account details or profile information.
Section 3: Other Methods to Check Your BVN on access bank
If you’re unable to check your BVN using the USSD code or Access Bank mobile app, consider the following alternative options:
- Visit your bank branch: Go to the nearest Access Bank branch, where they will assist you in retrieving your BVN after verifying your identity.
- Check your bank statement or transaction alerts: Your BVN is often included in your bank statement or transaction alerts sent to your registered phone number or email address.
- Use Access Bank’s internet banking platform: Log in to your Access Bank online banking account, navigate to the “Accounts” or “My Profile” section, and find your BVN displayed under your account details or profile information.
Checking your BVN with Access Bank services is a simple and convenient process, ensuring that you have easy access to your banking identification number whenever needed. By using either the USSD code method or the Access Bank mobile banking app, you can effortlessly retrieve your BVN. Remember to keep your BVN secure, as it is a sensitive piece of information that could be exploited if it falls into the wrong hands. By following the guidelines and tips provided in this comprehensive article, you’ll be well-equipped to check and protect your BVN with Access Bank.